We know it is still winter, but that hasn't stopped the cricket committee from finalising the details of this years pre-season training and trials. We've listened to you all and have changed up how the pre-season will be run. So check out the information below and count down the days until you (have to) see your 'cricket mates' again!
One of Gordon's most prolific run-scorers, Damon Livermore
To gain more quality time for all players, we've split our initial pre-season sessions into two groups. Session 1 is for all players that finished playing 4th Grade and lower. They will participate in the earlier session times below. Session 2 is for all players that finished playing 3rd Grade or higher and they will participate in the later session. All new players please come to the earlier session, unless otherwise advised.
- Sunday 10th August: Session 1 @ 1pm - 3pm. Session 2 @ 2.30pm - 4.30pm
- Sunday 17th August: Session 1 @ 1pm - 3pm. Session 2 @ 2.30pm - 4.30pm
- Sunday 24th August: Session 1 @ 1pm - 3pm. Session 2 @ 2.30pm - 4.30pm
- Sunday 31th August: Session 1 @ 1pm - 3pm. Session 2 @ 2.30pm - 4.30pm
Riverview Junior School grounds is the location for these initial sessions and their website is here: www.aagps.com/schools/riverview.html. Turn right before you enter the main school gate on Riverview Rd and then the grounds are located approximately 800m up on the right, with parking in College St South or off Riverview Rd. All nets are synthetic, thus no sprigs.
After these sessions, we move to Chatswood Oval, with turf decks and combine both sessions into one. The times for these sessions are as follows:
- Saturday 6th September @ 8:45am - 12 noon
- Saturday 13th September @ 8:45am - 12 noon
- Saturday 20th September @ 8:45am - 12 noon
At the same time, we begin our regular mid-week practices at Chatswood. The times for these sessions are as follows:
- Thursday 4th September and Tuesday 9th September from 4pm
- Every Tuesday/Thursday until end of March 2015, with 4.30pm start in daylight savings
Along with these sessions, there will also be some trial games as detailed below. But before we get that far, we've two important announcements.
Firstly, if you haven't yet downloaded our mobile app, then follow this link to do so. And get on our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter as well.
Also, we're looking for someone to assist in maintaining our online presence. Can you help? Email email@example.com
So, our trial matches are listed below:
- Saturday 13th September @ Killara Oval. Green Shield trial @ 12 noon - TBC
- Sunday 14th September @ Killara Oval. Grade trial @ 10am - TBC
- Saturday 20th September@ Killara Oval. Higher Grade centre wicket @ 8.30am.
- Saturday 20th September @ Killara Oval. Trial game @ 12 noon.
- Sunday 21st September @ Killara Oval. 1st Grade trial game @ 9:30am.
- Sunday 21st September @ Beauchamp or Turramurra. Lower Grade trial @ 9:30am - TBC.
And the date you've all been waiting to add to your calendars, Round 1 commences Saturday 27th September. As usual, the day of the AFL Grand Final.
Let's get 2014/15 off to a flying start